The High-Level Symposium on SDG 6 and Targets: Ensuring that no one is left behind in access to water and sanitation organized by the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan in cooperation with UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN-DESA) is scheduled to be held on 9-11 August 2016 in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
The meeting will bring together government officials and policy-makers in water resources management, experts from international organizations, academic and research communities, business executives and representatives of civil society groups..
The Symposium aims to:
- Strengthen capacities of national and local governments to promote integrated water resource management;
- Share knowledge and experience in innovative practices in improving access to water, sanitation and hygiene;
- Increase water use efficiency;
- Reduce water pollution;
- Protect of water basins and ecosystems;
- Advance international cooperation and partnerships;
- Foster regional and multilateral cooperation;
- Launch specific partnerships initiatives on the implementation of SDG 6 and related targets.
The Symposium will provide a platform for deliberation of the ways of SDG 6 and its targets implementation, including a new International decade of action «Water for sustainable development” initiated by Tajikistan.
Detailed information is available on the website http://watersdg2016.org or at the Secretariat of Symposium:
33 Sheroz str., Dushanbe 734001, Republic of Tajikistan
Tel: (+992 37) 227 68 43
Fax: (+992 37) 221 02 59